500g Turkey Breast
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
2 Tbsp Stock or Water
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Onion, chopped very finely
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Red Chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
425g can of Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
250g Can of Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
3 Tbsp Tomato paste
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tsp Caster (superfine) Sugar
Salt & Pepper
6 Tortillas Wheat or Corn
175g Feta or White Cheshire Cheese, coarsely grated
- Chop the turkey breast finely, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic gently until soft. Add the turkey and fry for about 5 minutes, or until well sealed and almost cooked, stirring frequently.
- Add the cumin, stock or water and seasoning and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until tender: then stir in the coriander (cilantro) and remove from the heat.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli gently until softened. Add both cans of tomatoes and tomato paste, lime juice, sugar and seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla onto a greased ovenproof dish, cover with a fifth of the turkey mixture and 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Continue to layer this way, finishing with a tortilla, the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Place uncovered in a preheated oven at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve cut into wedges and sprinkle with coriander (cilantro).