½ Tsp Ground Turmeric 2.5ml Ground Turmeric
½ Tsp Ground Ginger 2.5ml Ground Ginger
1Tsp Salt & Black Pepper 5ml Salt & Ground Black Pepper
2 Tsp Ground Cumin 10ml Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp Ground Coriander 15ml Ground cilantro
1 Tbsp Caster Sugar 15ml Superfine Sugar
450g Chicken Breast Fillet 1lb Chicken Breast Fillet
1 Bunch of Spring Onions 1 Bunch of Scallions
4 Celery Sticks 4 Celery Sticks
2 Red Bell Peppers 2 Red Bell Peppers
1 Yellow Bell Pepper 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
175g Courgettes ¾ Cup of Zucchini
175g Mangetouts ¾ Cup of Snow Peas
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil 45ml Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Lime Juice 15ml Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Clear Honey 15ml Clear Honey
Preparation: 10 Minutes Cooking: 20 Minutes
- Mix together the turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander/cilantro and sugar in a bowl well combined.
- Cut the chicken into bitesize strips. Add the spice mix to the chicken and coat the pieces thoroughly.
- Prepare the vegetables, cut the spring onions/scallions, celery and peppers into 5cm/2in long thin strips. Cut the courgettes/zucchini at a slight angle into thin rounds and trim the mangetout/snowpeas.
- Heat 30ml-2tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Stir-fry the chicken in batches until cooked through and golden brown, adding a little more oil if you need to. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the onions, celery, peppers and courgettes over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are beginning to soften and turn golden. Add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan adding the lime juice and honey, cook for 2 minutes adjust the seasoning and serve straight away.
Cook’s Tip; If you find this dish too spicy you could add some sour cream or plain yogurt, when you serve. Great with plain boiled rice or egg noodles.