Treats they will Love to Make and Eat
With the Festive season just around the corner you may be looking for some Kids Christmas Recipes, that you can cook for or with your kids.
Spending time in the holidays,Christmas Cooking with Kids, what can be more fun!! and of course they’ll love to make and eat these Holiday Treats.
Whether you are looking for Kids Christmas Dessert Recipes or Easy Kids Christmas Cookies Recipes I have put together some Family Favorite Xmas Treats and Kids Christmas Recipes.
Starry Mince Pies
Mince Pies are traditional at Christmas, this recipe will make approx 12 pies.
250g Plain Flour
150g Cold Butter, extra for greasing
Cold water to mix, allow between 1 to 1 1/2 tsp per 25g of flour
1/4 Level tsp Salt
Beaten Egg for brushing
Sifted Icing Sugar
Pre-Heat your oven to 190c/375f/Gas Mark 5.
For the pastry:-
- Sift the flour and the salt into a bowl.
- Add the butter, cut into the flour with a knife then rub with your fingertips. When rubbed sufficiently, the mixture should look like fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the water over the crumbs, mix to stiff crumbly-looking paste with round-ended knife.
- Draw together with fingertips, turn out on to lightly floured board. Knead quickly until smooth and crack-free.
Building the Pies:-
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface,using an 8cm round cutter stamp out 12 circles.
- Grease your muffin tin and line with your pastry circles.
- Using a teaspoon put equal amounts of mincemeat into each pastry case.
- With your remaining pastry using a small star cutter cut out your stars.
- Place your stars in the center of the pie and brush with a little beaten egg.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Remove from the tins and dredge thickly with sifted icing sugar.
The mince pies can be served warm, with whipped cream or custard, you could also decorate with other festive shapes depending on your cookie cutters.
900g Granulated Sugar
225g Desiccated Coconut
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
Red Food Coloring
- Pour the milk and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and butter. Heat slowly, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- Bring to the boil,cover the pan and boil gently for 2 minutes.
- Uncover, continue to boil, stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes (or until the a little of the mixture dropped into a cup of cold water, forms soft ball when rolled gently between finger and thumb). Temperature on sugar thermometer, if used, should be 115C to 116C/238F to 240F.
- Remove from the heat. Add the coconut and vanilla.
- Beat briskly until the mixture is thick and creamy looking.
- Pour half into a buttered 20cm/8in square tin.
- Quickly color the remainder pale pink with the food coloring.
- Spread over the white layer.
- Leave in the cool until firm and set.. Cut into 60 pieces.
Coconut Ice can be a great gift idea for your kids to give to their friends.
Little Cranberry-Topped Pork Pies.
Makes 6 individual pork pies.
250g Plain flour
Pinch of salt
85g White Vegetable Fat
454g Pork Sausage Meat
250g Chopped Cooking Bacon
1 Tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
100g Cranberry Sauce
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the salt, set aside.
- Place the milk, water and vegetable fat into a pan and heat gently until the fat melts.
- Bring to a rolling boil the immediately remove from the heat and add the flour. Beat well until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
When the dough is cool enough to handle, divide into 6 balls then mould each into 6 lightly oiled ramekin dishes or metal moulds.
- Place the sausage meat in a bowl and mix with the bacon and herbs, season to taste.
- Fill each pastry case with the sausage mixture and then place a disc of non-stick baking parchment over the sausage meat and bake the pies for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from the ramekins.
- Place the cranberries in a pan with the cranberry sauce, heat gently for 5-6 minutes until the cranberries begin to soften but still hold their shape.
- Once the pies have cooled, peel away the baking parchment and spoon equal amounts of the cranberry topping over each pie.
More Kids Christmas Recipes
Christmas Cherry Fudge Recipe
A lovely sweet gift idea the kids will love to make.One of my sons favorite kids Christmas recipes.
Christmas Stollen Recipe
A Traditional German Christmas Sweet Bread-like Cake.
Share your Kids Christmas Recipes
If you have a delicious Kids Christmas Recipe please share it with other Get Your Kids Cooking visitors. Tell us why you love this recipe, share a picture with us if you have one.