115g Plain Flour
2 Large Eggs
12 Chipolata Sausages or Cocktail Sausages
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Ground White Pepper
A small Bunch of Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven 220C (425F) Gas Mark 7
- Place your Muffin Tin (12 Toads Made) in the oven with a little oil in the base of each.
- Put the flour, salt, pepper into a large bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
- Pour the milk into the centre and break the eggs into the hollow too.
- Using a wire whisk mix the eggs with the milk and start to mix the flour into the liquid.
- When all of the flour has been added whisk well to get rid of any lumps.
- Add the chives use scissors to snip small pieces into the batter.
- Remove the Muffin Tin from the oven and place 1 sausage into each (use oven gloves as the oil will be very hot).
- Cook the sausages for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Pour or ladle the batter into a large jug and stir.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter over the sausages until each hole is half full.
- Gently place the tin back into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve straight away with mashed potatoes and baked beans.